Monday, June 6, 2011

Baby Charlotte!


Tonight was my sister's baby shower for her baby girl Charlotte.  Let's just make it clear that I am SUPER STOKED to be an aunt!! I can't wait to hold her, kiss her and to love her.  She's the first grandbaby in the family so she will definitely be spoiled haha but that's okay :) Charlotte is due on July 13 so we have about 5 more weeks to go!! My sister is so beautiful pregnant and I know she'll be a great mom! Since I'll be moving down to VCU soon, I'll be close so I can come visit or babysit whenever Jamie & Ryne wanna get out of the house just them two.  I can't wait. She's gonna be adorable and I can't wait to hold her for the first time...I'll prob cry because I'll be so happy lol

In my gift to my sister, I wrote this letter and it means a lot to me so I thought I would share it with everyone:


The love of an Aunt
Is different from any other love a child can receive.

The Aunt stands in for a person you can tell things to that you can’t tell your mom. The Aunt is there to offer advice and to babysit when mom just can’t handle the crying anymore.

Being an Aunt will be a new experience for me, I won’t be perfect and I’ll make mistakes, but I do promise that I’ll always be there for her when she needs someone to talk to, to help her with her makeup, or to give her advice on all those crazy boys she’ll have to deal with.

I may not be able to buy her every little thing she wants, but I do promise to love her and support her in whatever she pursues.

Just as my Aunts were there for me and loved me, no matter what, I promise to love Charlotte the exact same way.

Love Always,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment