Monday, March 12, 2012
1. I want to get married. I know this may sound crazy but its something I wish I could truly do. Khris and I can't afford it with the part-time jobs that we work right now but he has promised me that after college he will propose and we'll get married. I can't wait. I know that marriage isn't going to be as "perfect" as I think it will be and I understand that fully. I'm ready to take that next step I just wish I could take it now...but I'll wait for however long I need to because to me it's worth it.
2. I want to go on a real road trip. I always see people posting on facebook about how they're taking road trips to New York, Florida, Texas, etc. I want to do that! I want to set my iPod on shuffle, roll the windows down and drive until I reach somewhere I've never been. I want to see the Pacific Ocean...I want to see the United States/Mexico line...I want to see the Statue of Liberty. I would love to go overseas but that becomes a little more complicated than a road trip and far more expensive. Maybe once I complete "Want #1" Khris and I will be able to afford it haha
3. I want to own a nice car. I want to be able to go for miles and miles and not have to worry about checking all my gages every 5 minutes to make sure no lights come on, on my dash. Maybe that's why I haven't completed "Want #2" haha I'm trying to save up for a car and so far I'm doing good but with rent, gas, cell phone, car insurance, groceries, etc. its a little difficult. Hopefully I'll be able to save a lot this summer and get a little closer to this goal.
4. I want to go on a shopping spree and not have to worry about a budget. Now I know this one will probably NEVER happen. Unless Khris becomes mega rich from his job but I'm sure he would kill me if I ever did that lol. This want comes from a little deeper concern though...this world is so focused on money and "to spend or not to spend." I wish that taxes didn't exist and people really received every penny they earn. I wish that money didn't define a person either...I have so many opinions haha i'm gonna move on now.
5. I want a puppy. A little puppy. One that I can snuggle with and sleep with on the nights that Khris doesn't stay over. I know they are a big responsibility but I seriously think I could handle it. I just love their unconditional love they give when you come home and they can't stop wagging their tails and how they want to literally take off a layer of your face with their tongues because they are so excited to see you! GAH I WANT A PUPPY.
6. I want to record a CD. After I recorded a song with my Youth Pastor 2 years ago, I've wanted to get back into the studio. I loved the atmosphere and the sort of "high" that I got from listening the playback of me singing. I wish I could afford it because I think I could really go far. When I received that gift my Youth Pastor I was ecstatic!! I didn't even mind waking up early that day to get to the studio in time. Needless to say I know that if all else fails I still have my voice to fall back on.
7. I want to own a beach/lake house one day. Most likely a lake house. I love the lake and I would love to be able to have an escape whenever I needed one. I would love to have a house like my Aunt and Uncle and I would love to have my family over during the summer time to go swimming, tubing, and skiing. It would just be perfect!