Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just Where I Belong.





Usually I don't blog during the day.  Usually I blog at 12am or 1am, or later when I need to get something off my mind that's keeping me from sleeping.  But lately I've found myself in the middle of the day just sitting at my desk looking at blogs, facebook, email, blackboard etc. and my mind begins to wonder of how I can not wait for the day that he gets down on one new and expresses his love for me in the form of a ring that will symbolize our love for each other for the rest of our lives.  Even though we've only been together for a little over 9 months, my heart is his and has been his since our third month of dating.  Some say we're crazy some say we're perfect for each other. I prefer the latter.

I can sit here for hours and hours and spill my heart out to my computer, but it still won't change the fact that I still have 13 weeks left of this routine that I hate with a passion.  When I look back on it, I wish that I had gone to VCU from the start.  Instead I came here to Longwood.  When Khris and I were talking about college and what we wanted to do with our lives before we started dating, he told me that he wanted to come to Longwood at first, and I told him that I wanted to go to VCU at first but for some reason God changed our hearts.  I know that everything happens for a reason and that there is a reason for this separation but at this moment in my life I don't see it.  Maybe, hopefully, down the road I'll finally understand the lesson that was learned from this.  

Regardless of the distance, I know we'll be together no matter what.  This distance hurts but I have never reconsidered my relationship with Khris because of it.  The fact that I don't have to worry about him cheating on me and vice versa, even though we're miles apart, is a blessing on its own.  Knowing that someone is out there longing for my kiss, my hug, my touch, my love is a blessing on its own.  Having love in my life has rapidly made me realize why everyone makes such a big deal about it. Love is everything I though it would be.  Its smiles everyday, its a good morning everyday, its the kisses on the forehead, its the "you're so beautiful", its the "i love you" everyday.  Now that I have love in my life I could not imagine a life without it.  Khris is everything that I asked for when I prayed for the right man to come into my life.  I never thought that it would happen so soon, even though it seemed like it took forever at the time.  

I know that when I look back on this trial and everything that Khris and I had to go through with each other, that it'll seem like the quickest four years of my life. But right now all I can do is wait for time to move on, wait for the weekends, and wait to once again be back in his arms......just where I belong and will stay for the rest my life. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment