Wednesday, October 27, 2010

All Around Me.


Everyday on campus I see couples everywhere. 

Holding hands. 

Arms around each other. 

Kissing. 

Eating lunch together. 

Walking to class together. 

When I see these people I think of you and how we could be doing the exact same thing. Spending every waking minute together, watching movies and studying together.  I think of how perfect it would be to not have to have you drive an hour both ways every weekend just so we can see each other. How perfect it would be to not have to use skype.  How perfect it would be to never miss you.

But then I see couples who... 

Fight. 

Don't hold hands. 

Come into my work, sit down to eat, and don't say a word to each other. 

Cheat on each other when they're drunk at frat parties. 

When I see these people I think of how grateful I am that I don't have to ever about experiencing any of that with you. Not spending every waking minute with you, watching movies and studying together sucks, yes, it sucks a lot.  I think of how much it means to me that you actually want to drive an hour both ways on the weekends just to see me instead of coming up with an excuse to stay home.  I'm thankful for skype because without I would not make it through the week without seeing the face of the man I love so much.  And then I think about how perfect it is that I do miss you, that I have something to look forward to, and that the times that we do spend together on the weekends are such a precious time together.  

3 more years of this to come and I'm ready to get through those years so that I can finally start my life with you.  

Forever and Always <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment