Saturday, January 14, 2012

"The Soft Spoken Girl"


Words can't even describe how stressed I am.  Usually I'm stressed because or school or something going on with my friends or family but this time its work.  Thursday was one the worst days, actually...make that THE worst day I have ever had at Chick-fil-a.  I was lied too, manipulated, and left alone as the only manager for two hours. Now to the average person that's like nothing but when you only have 2 registers and no screener putting together the orders for you, it gets hectic.  I had the worst speed of service times and it just sucked all around.  It was never my intention to let what happened be known by my manager and my boss.  When I received an email the morning after about how they were sorry for how things turned out and thanking me for the hard-work I put in to make it work, I was furious.  I never wanted them to know....it wasn't a big deal.  I handled the situation and did the best with what I had.  The only problem that I EVER had was that I was lied too straight to my face.  Well, now that my boss knows its turned into this big situation and that was not how it was supposed to go.  I wasn't even the one to tell them, which it should have been since I was the one most affected by what he did.  But nonetheless, I am stressed over this situation because I have no idea how its going to end.  My manager told me that I didn't have to worry about anything and that my name wouldn't be brought up but that's total bull because I know it will and the fact that I can't be there when they have a meeting to defend my opinion of what happened just pisses me off.  I don't know why this has me tied up and so stressed out but this week has just been the worst week ever.  I don't want to start off this new semester stressed out because it will only bode bad for me...but it looks like I have no choice.  I worked last night also, and for the love of all things holy I could not get the drive thru out of the red...so that made me even more stressed because I feel like I'm not working hard enough.  Khris says I'm over-doing it and that I worry too much and maybe I do but that's just me...that's how I deal with things, I guess.

I guess the thing that most pisses me off is that I'm the "soft spoken girl".  I have trouble having a backbone and saying no to people...idk why, its just how I am.  When it comes down to it, the whole situation that happened was technically my fault.  I was the one that told him he could leave early because he needed a ride.  When things need to be worked out because that's the only way that it can happen right, I understand.  I'm an understanding person and when people have specific things going on in their lives I try my best to understand in hopes that when I have something going on they would understand as well...but we all know it doesn't work that way because people aren't as considerate and understanding as much as you might be.  Ugh, idk I feel like I'm ranting and I feel like I'm typing meaningless words but this is what happens when I bottle things up....I don't say anything and I just deal with it and when it gets to be too much.....I explode. And trust me, I'm not a nice person when I explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment