Wednesday, November 16, 2011

R.I.P. Papa

Today my Papa passed away...he was sitting in his chair in the living room reading the newspaper when the Lord called him home.  He loved to read...he loved that chair.  Its perfect that he passed away there...it was his place to get away from the world, getting lost in whatever book he was reading that day.  He had a glass of 7up sitting on the table near him and he was at peace.  Thinking about all this makes me sad, but it makes me feel at peace to know that he left this world doing what he loved most.

I will never forget the tractor rides where we would sit in the scoop part of the tractor and he would raise me and my siblings and cousins up and down for hours on end.  I will never forget the summers they came camping with us and we took turns driving his pontoon boat.  I will never forget the numerous thanksgivings and christmases celebrated at his house.  I will never forget the inner tube that he bought us that one summer and it caused more injuries than it did fun just because my cousins and I were so silly.

My Papa's birthday is on Christmas Eve and we always go to his house for Christmas Eve to celebrate so changes will be made in our traditions but the traditions we used to have will never be forgotten.  He would've been 75 this year.

R.I.P. Papa....I love you so much. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment