Sunday, December 26, 2010

I Love Video Games.


Tonight is a guys night. You don't get this very often because all your friends are in the service honoring our country.  You invite me over on a guys night and even though I know full well that it's me and your computer all night while you and your boys yell at your tv screens, I am still thrilled to come over.  You kiss me at random times during the night and you whisper in my ear I love you.  You wonder how I can possibly stand being in a room of 21 year old boys playing video games for hours on end but I'm not just in a room full of boys, I am also in a room with the man I love with all my heart.  I may not have your full attention but just a little attention will suffice for me; a kiss every now and then means more to me than you think; and the whispering i love yous makes my heart beat faster than ever.  As i sit here and watch you play with your boys and you say thank you times a million I can't stop but think that I will marry the biggest nerd ever and that he has the biggest nerd friends ever. 

But regardless of all the screaming, nerdiness, and gun shots radiating in this room, I love video games.  Your mind tries to understand the complexity of how in the world I could ever love such things but the answer is simple. 

You love video games and I love you, therefore, I love video games. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment