Saturday, March 27, 2010

Guard.

Tomorrow marks the last competitive day of my whole colorguard/winterguard career in high school. All those years of running, doing push ups, dancing, spinning, tossing, yelling, fighting, crying, and laughing, all ends tomorrow. Guard has become my life. literally. I have spent more hours at practice & competitions than I have at home, work, and school combined.




Because of guard, I have met my 2 best friends. Without guard, I probably would've never became as close of friends as we are today. They have taught me to never give up and to give my all when I felt there was nothing left to give. Heather - my dancer :) she has taught me to come out of my shell and to express myself in performance and in dance. Becca - my flag queen :) you have been there for me through everything and have taught me to give my all. <3



Robyn - 3 years of spinning with her has been absolutely amazing. She has taught me not only to let go of the unnecessary, but to focus on the most important things in life.



Amanda - my rifle BA :) from some sick rifle work to random story time during practice...this girl has pushed me and pushed me to be my absolute best. When I thought that I was the worst spinner on rifle she reassured me that I had some raw talent and told me to keep working bc by my senior year...I'd be popping out 6's...how ironic :P haha
Karen - my intense flag diva :) from catches between my legs, and tosses behind my back and around my feet, Karen has taught me that its not necessarily just about the work...its how well you take that work, interpret it and perform it!
Jamie - the challenging, yet inspiring one :) even though its only been 2 years that I have been under your instructing, I have learned more this season about performing my heart out and to make the best memories out of every obstacle that comes my way than I have in any other season!

 
and last but CERTAINLY not least....Miss Lin - my dancing, performing, awesomely amazing chica :) You have taught me to cross the line of my comfort zone and to perform my dance work off down to the extension of my fingers to the points of my toes. When I would stress over the dance work you always said "Its a solo...it doesn't matter what you do...just make it you and perform your butt off!" and for that reaasurance and I am forever grateful <3


My whole guard family from Ascenstion to Memories...I love each and every single one of you. Even though there were times when I wanted to beat some of you (jk) we still overcame the problem and worked through it as a guard family. The relationships and memories that I have made with these groups can not be described by any use of any word...and the fact that that is the truth should be reason enough to say that I will truly miss everyone and that I hope that everyone continues on until their senior year. There have been PLENTY of times when I just wanted to quit and give up...but I didn't. I kept going and I grew from it and became a better person.
Do not worry....I will visit every so often and I promise to bring some of my spunk with me ;)

 
Love you all! Shelbssss <3

No comments:

Post a Comment