Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Senior Year = A Fresh Start!

Well folks, its official. I am a senior at Powhatan High School. Finally :) I got my schedule for all my classes and it really hit me that I only have one more year left and then i'm done and off to college!

Since my brother and sister moved out, I had to chance to move into my sister's room...which is much bigger than mine and I decided to go all out and repaint and everything :) I'm growing up and neon-flowered decorated room just isn't gonna cut it...so i'm going with something a little more mature :) My colors are beige, brown, and green. I'm going to have an accent wall with vertical stripes of beige, brown, and green all the way down the wall. On the other walls I'm going to have a chair-height thick horizontal stripe of brown and below I'm doing various sized polka dots. Its taking forever to line the stripes up just right, but thankfully I have a mother that loves me and is working very hard to help me paint and everything. I'm planning on finishing the painting and the whole "moving-in" thing before school starts next tuesday.

With Senior year approaching very quickly...I sit sometimes and just think about how quickly my high school career has flown by. I think about all the drama, all the rumors, and the relationships, all the tests, all the projects, all the homework that I thought were gonna be impossible to go through but somehow in the midst of everything I have managed to pull throught. None of this would've been possible with my best friends right there beside me holding my hand and encouraging me that everything was gonna be just fine. I have made a promise to myself that I will not let the stupid petty little drama and rumors get to me. I can't control what people think of me, or what they decide to say about me. All I know is that I am who I am and if people don't like that, I dont' really care. The people that do like me for who I am are the people I spend a majority of my time with and that's all that matters to me.

With school, work, and guard all on my plate this year, I will be a very busy girl and I won't have time to get wrapped up in who is dating who, or who got completely wasted over the weekend, or the latest gossip of the school. That stuff is so middle school. And to think that people actually care is what's surprising to me haha

But regardless of all that, I will have a good year this year. And I won't let anyone get in my way. I'm walking into that school next tuesday the 8th with a whole new perspective on "high school" and everything that comes along with it. I've had some emotional and mental growth this summer and I've changed some of my morals completely. But that's just me and that's how I choose to be.

End of sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment