Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Missions Conference :)

Starting on this past Sunday, my church held their 12th Annual Missions Conference. It lasts from Sunday-Wednesday and different missionaries from all over the US come and present their goal for a foreign countries and the need for Christ in these countries. This year has especially been a heart-touching experience for me because in past years I haven't really thought of it to be a big deal. But this year, I planned ahead for it and asked for the daytime shift at work and made sure that I didn't make plans for those nights. I was really suprised at myself, because this year I actually wanted to go.

Sunday we had a guestspeaker come and preach in place of the Pastor. Monday night was two families...one was David and Sarah Booth, missionaries to the hearing and deaf of Portugal, the other family was the Campbells, missionaries to Wales (coast of England). Tuesday night I was in the nursery watching all the cute kids of the missionaries but I was still able to somewhat hear the message on the tv haha and tonight two more families will be sharing their message and dream for the countries that God has called them to go and spread the gospel.

My heart has really been spoken to by God this week. I'm almost positive that God has spoken to my heart saying "You are meant to go." But right now I am still a teenager, but I am able to listen to God's voice and learn His will for my life while I am still young. Hopefully, the man that God has for me also has the call upon his life to be a missionary. And that if God tarries we will, someday, be able to go to a place where the gospel has never been heard. There are thousands of people that die everday who are on their way to hell because they have not heard. And the burden of those people has been set upon my heart that I need to go and reach these people and give preach to them about the free gift of salvation.

Tonight is the last night of the Conference, and I feel that I have been greatly changed by these past few days. I pray that God will bless the families serving Him and doing what they are called to do. And I will pray for them daily.

**How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?**
Romans 10:14

No comments:

Post a Comment