Tuesday, August 11, 2009

LOTS O' STUFF! :D

Well first of all the last night of the Mission Conference was amazing. As a tradition with our church we hand out "Are We There Yet" boxes to all the missionary kids who get bored in the car travelling around. Then, at the end of the service, we all gather and make a huge circle around our sanctuary and we all receive a little candle. The Pastor lights the first candle and one by one we all light each other's candles till eventually the entire sanctuary is lit up by the candles. Its gorgeous :)

This past Saturday, me, heather, and Becca all went to take seniors portraits at Maymont Park. Well we only got one shot at Maymont. The stupid lady at the front desk saw us walk in and so she called security and the man said that there wasn't allowed for professional photography to be taken without an appt. Stupid. But we did get a great tree shot :) but eventually we drove around Richmond until we found Bryan park. Well on the way there, we had to go through some tolls. Well no one had change so we were scrounging around for 70 CENTS! We finally made it to Bryan Park and ended up taking so fabulous trio pics and individuals pics as well :)

On Sunday night, we had our Annual Singspiration at my church! I wasn't planning on going bc of Heather's guard party...but she cancelled it :( so i was able to go. I sang by myself...which is odd bc I usually sing with my mom. But this time I went solo with a song called "I'm Singing" haha i know kinda ironic. But all went well...i choked up a few times bc my throat was soooo freakin dry :/ but my mom said it sounded good! :) After that, we had a homemade Ice Cream Social were different people in the church make different flavors of ice cream ( but of course, some were store bought lol) my mom made mint chocolate chip though...very yummy!

Band Camp started back up this past Monday and I'm so excited about this year! The band as a whole is young bc there are a TON of first year marchers but they'll learn and eventually we will be amazing :) haha this year i'm Co-Cap-i-tain with my bff Heather! Its gonna be so much fun! Karen and Patrick (from JMU) r helping out this week and then Tony from Impact will be coming the next few weeks to instruct as well! yay! :)

Only a few more weeks until my senior year starts and I still have A BUNCH of summer reading stuff to get done...*sigh* but I'm gonna try my best to get it done haha i already have my English reading done...now i just have to finish the project part. And then i have my AP Gov stuff to do and ugh that's gonna take forever! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment