Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm Not A Little Girl Anymore.


Tomorrow I move out of my house for the first time.  I'm so ready to start living on my own but I can't help but admit that I'm a little scared.  Lisa and I are gonna face this head on and are ready to overcome the struggles of two college students working part-time and going to school part-time and paying for everything on our own.  Its gonna be tough but it'll be a learning experience.  I'm just about done packing I have everything ready except my clothes, which is probably going to take the longest.  Nevertheless, everything is ready to go.  As I sit here with naked walls and a stripped bed, it's all hitting me and I can definitely say that this is a bittersweet move.  I'm going to miss my mom so much.  We are so close and we share everything together.  Granted I'll see her at church every Sunday, but I'm used to being able to come home and vent about my day whether good or bad.  She's always been there for me whether through tears or smiles; the good times and the bad.  I know saying good-bye tomorrow will be emotional for the both of us but everything will be just fine.  I'm excited about this move because I'll be closer to my sister and I'll be able to see Charlotte more!

I just can't wait to be settled in and for everything to be situated.  Tomorrow is going to be a long but exciting day and I can't wait to start this new chapter of my life with my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment